Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate, disclose and make use of personal information in accordance with existing data privacy regulations, including the EU General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR).
We Collect IP Addresses
We may track IP addresses from which Users visit us and analyze this data in aggregated form to determine usage for trends and statistics. Users remain anonymous unless they voluntarily tell us who they are.
We, or vendors we have hired, use several common tracking technologies. These technologies include browser “cookies”, “web beacons” and similar technologies, and location-based services (each of these terms as commonly understood). We use these common tracking tools for multiple purposes:
- To track the pages you visit and to understand which ScientiaMobile products and services may interest you.
- To understand visitor behavior in order to improve our website user experience.
- To track new visitors to our website.
- To recognize past visitors.
- To keep registered users logged in to our system in order for them to access customer-specific services (e.g. Customer Vault, Support Forum, etc.).
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected and ask you to acknowledge and approve our usage of your personal information prior to actual storage. This data will only be used for these purposes.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes and in our backup systems. Under no circumstances will your personal information be kept for a period longer than five (5) years from the date of your last access to our website.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
You may access settings in your browser and Adobe Flash platform to disable cookies. If you elect to do so, certain parts of our website, including your ability to stay connected with customer-specific services, may not work.
We Collect the Personal Identifiable Information (“PII”) that You Provide
We ask you to provide certain PII about yourself when you register on our website, as a means to:
- Download software for evaluation
- Download certain industry reports and marketing material that we make available at no expense
- Sign up to a newsletter or mailing list
- Send an inquiry connected to the support, licensing or purchase of our services or products
- Send an inquiry to set up a meeting
PII means one or more of the following: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, your company or organization, title, country of residence, and/or credit card information. You can decide which PII to provide. However, we reserve the right to refuse to fulfill your request if we determine that not enough information has been provided.
We use PII exclusively to:
- Provide information that is necessary to download, install, deploy, run, and otherwise interact with our services and products.
- Deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you may be interested.
- Improve our website to serve you better.
- Allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- Contact you with information about our products and services.
- Send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
You have the right to selectively modify (as in opt-in and opt-out) from certain communications that are not strictly required to use our services and products.
Sharing of PII
Exceptions will be made where required by law.
How to Opt Out, Correct, Update, or Remove Personal Information.
Users may opt out of certain Services or correct, update, or remove Personal Information that we have collected about them, by sending us an email with your specific request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we protect visitor information?
User data is segmented into two categories: Operational and Billing
Operational data includes details such as your username, password, and email address. Billing data may contain details such as name and credit card information.
Your operational data is collected via encrypted transport protocols, accessed directly via private networks, and stored in a physically secured location.
Our website and the services of our vendors (data processors) are scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our website as safe as possible. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of personnel who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Also, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Your billing details are collected, processed, and stored by gateway providers who maintain Level 1 PCI compliance. We do not store or process credit card information on our servers.
Third-party Data Controller
Children should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before performing any online activity. ScientiaMobile does not knowingly collect PII from or about children under 16, nor are ScientiaMobile products and services aimed at or suited for a young audience. If we discover that we have received Personal Information from anyone 16 years old or younger, we will delete that information promptly.
11180 Sunrise Valley Drive
Suite 220 Reston, VA 20191
United States of America